I’m still making posts about twice a week — and will likely post in the next couple of days about the latest actions regarding the Ogeechee River and the recent attempt by the Corps of Engineers to encourage Congress to bypass South Carolina and give the go-ahead for the Savannah Harbor Expansion Project.
- A new name for Armstrong State University — no more Atlantic April 16, 2014
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner in Savannah — work or play? (Bill Murray too) April 6, 2014
- U.S. economy added 192,000 jobs in March; unemployment rate steady at 6.7%. Good news? April 6, 2014
- Garden & Gun keeps some numbers hidden as Savannah faces Franklin (where?) in the Greatest Southern Towns Bracket April 2, 2014
- A few thoughts on a remarkable speech today by Fed chair Janet Yellen March 31, 2014
- Taj Mahal, Bela Fleck among 2nd weekend headliners at Savannah Music Festival as an amazing March comes to an end March 29, 2014
- Savannah and Charleston neck-and-neck in Garden & Gun’s clever promotional bracket March 29, 2014
- A few thoughts about crape murder March 28, 2014
December 25, 2013
Savannah Unplugged is almost three years old, but sometimes it seems a lot older than that . . .
ABOUT SAVANNAH UNPLUGGED
In my columns in the Savannah Morning News, I write about the local economy and culture. But those columns don't exist in a vacuum: I follow a wide variety of national news and experience Savannah much more deeply than I can possibly capture in three columns a week. So here on Savannah Unplugged, you'll find everything from nationwide economic trends to nightclub photos. I also contribute to the political blog Peach Pundit and the music blog hissing lawns.