I’m still making posts about twice a week — and will likely post in the next couple of days about the latest actions regarding the Ogeechee River and the recent attempt by the Corps of Engineers to encourage Congress to bypass South Carolina and give the go-ahead for the Savannah Harbor Expansion Project.
- Check out this spectacular 2-minute time-lapse video of Savannah July 14, 2014
- Savannah restaurant scene getting more interesting — a quick roundup of latest developments July 5, 2014
- Another solid month for job growth in the U.S. in June July 3, 2014
- Will the mainstream U.S. media ever dissect World Cup defeat? July 2, 2014
- Flawed search process propelled Savannah’s plans to raze historic cottages for a new police station June 29, 2014
- Hugh Acheson’s The Florence opens bakery and coffeeshop, dinner coming soon June 24, 2014
- Savannah’s plan to destroy historic homes for new police precinct is even worse than I thought June 15, 2014
- Larry Summers critiques new book critiquing policy responses and causes of the deep recession and slow recovery June 7, 2014
ABOUT SAVANNAH UNPLUGGED
In my columns in the Savannah Morning News, I write about the local economy and culture. But those columns don't exist in a vacuum: I follow a wide variety of national news and experience Savannah much more deeply than I can possibly capture in three columns a week. So here on Savannah Unplugged, you'll find everything from nationwide economic trends to nightclub photos. I also contribute to the political blog Peach Pundit and the music blog hissing lawns.