CBGB has finished principal photography, and it appears that the filming has left Savannah’s public stage.
As many of you know already, I’ve been following the shoot pretty closely, and I’ve been especially interested in the effect of Twitter and other social media in allowing fans and stars to engage each other.
Twitter posts are generally public, and there’s an easy feature to embed them in websites. So I’ve selected here a more or less chronological collection of entertaining Tweets that chronicle the movie shoot.
The biggest flurry of public excitement was during Rupert Grint’s time here playing Cheetah Chrome of The Dead Boys, but you’ll see more direct engagement with the city from the movie’s stars, including Ashley Greene as Lisa Kristal, Malin Akerman as Debbie Harry, Stana Katic as Genya Ravan, Ryan Hurst as Mad Mountain, Joel David Moore as Joey Ramone, Freddy Rodriguez as Idaho, Donal Logue as Merv Ferguson, Richard de Klerk as Taxi, Peter Vack as Legs McNeil, Mickey Sumner as Patti Smith, Julian Acosta as Johnny Ramone, Steven Schub as DeeDee Ramone, and Katherine DuBois as Genya’s friend. There’s also a great pic of Taylor Hawkins at The Jinx.
Click here to scroll through all my posts about CBGB.
— James Forrest (@ForrestJim) June 26, 2012
— ThincSavannah (@ThincSavannah) June 28, 2012
Had my first day on CBGB today. Such a blast!P.S. Thanks for all the love tweets about DKNY and “The Apparition” you guys are awesome 🙂 â€” Ashley Greene (@AshleyMGreene) June 30, 2012
Savannah, GA. Friday. 1 am. 100 degrees. Humid. As. Balls. â€” Ryan Hurst (@RamboDonkeyKong) June 30, 2012
On a positive note: Savannah is breathtaking. Nothing like being in the south on independence day! â€” Ashley Greene (@AshleyMGreene) July 4, 2012
Savannah, GA on July 4th. It’s like a drunken pep rally in a Republican’s vagina. â€” Ryan Hurst (@RamboDonkeyKong) July 4, 2012
Best fourth of July yet- hope everyone had a great night of fireworks and fun! â€” Ashley Greene (@AshleyMGreene) July 5, 2012
Me encontrÃ© a Rupert Grint (de Harry Potter) y que me dice: “tomate una fotito conmigo no?” y pues va… twitter.com/JabelMarines/sâ€¦
â€” Jabel Marines Limon (@JabelMarines) July 6, 2012
Savannah, GA. We’ve had our time together. Its been steamy. But I gotta leave! I’ve had my flight cancelled two DAYS in a row. Fuck Delta. â€” Ryan Hurst (@RamboDonkeyKong) July 9, 2012
— Katherine DuBois (@ktdubois) July 10, 2012
— Freddy Rodriguez (@FreddyRdriguez) July 10, 2012
@markezrastokes love this town. Such a generous place! With generous people.
— Richard de Klerk (@richarddeklerk) July 12, 2012
80% of South Carolina’s economy driven by fireworks-remaining 20% split among wings, thee dollhouse, oakley blades & sunscreen (myrtle?)
— donal logue (@donallogue) July 12, 2012
B & D Burger challenge most insane thing Ive attempted- I crawled out 1/2 pound short and lay on the sidewalk- my children r ridiculing me
— donal logue (@donallogue) July 13, 2012
carolina/georgia coast-new england in fall-smoky mountains & blue ridge highway- pacific northwest-california deserts the usa is beautiful
— donal logue (@donallogue) July 16, 2012
Wayne Kramer founder of The MC5 came by CBGB yesterday along with guitar hero Eric Culberson. â€” Julian Acosta (@getjulianacosta) July 17, 2012
Thank you Savannah, GA for a beautiful time. Thank you Catfish Staggs and Eric Culberson for guiding us on our journey.
â€” Julian Acosta (@getjulianacosta) July 19, 2012
— Rick Campanelli (@RCampanelliETC) July 19, 2012
Only in savannah can you go play an open mic night and jam with the “ramones” from the new CBGB film.. such is my luck tonight
— tracy grant (@tgimagesphoto) July 19, 2012
— mickey s (@michaelimagirl) July 20, 2012
— Bill Dawers (@billdawers) July 21, 2012
Boys & Girls… “The Romaines”! Cretins hop after dark. twitter.com/stevenschub/stâ€¦
— Steven Schub (@stevenschub) July 21, 2012
— Freddy Rodriguez (@FreddyRdriguez) July 25, 2012
— Stana Katic (@Stana_Katic) July 27, 2012