Savannah 2011 Election page
On this page, you can find links to all of my posts about the 2011 elections in Savannah and Chatham County.
As I have noted previously, I do not plan to endorse individual candidates, but I am weighing in on various ballot initiatives and publishing some commentary of races and issues. I plan to delete this page (the individual posts will obviously remain) after the November election and likely runoffs are concluded.
- Edna Jackson elected Savannah’s new mayor; Tom Bordeaux takes at-large council seat
- Live blogging Savannah’s mayoral and aldermanic runoff
- Savannah Morning News required reading: a column on housing and alleged improprieties in mayoral race
- Savannah runoff elections just two days away
- Some thoughts on the Savannah Morning News endorsement of Edna Jackson for Savannah mayor
- First forum in Savannah mayoral runoff focuses on sustainability and transportation
- Are struggling downtown areas shortchanged by local elections?
- Van Johnson re-elected to Savannahâ€™s 1st district council seat, acrimony likely to continue
- Bell wins one at-large council seat easily; the other heads to a runoff between Bordeaux and Young
- Mayoral runoff features Jeff Felser and Edna Jackson
- Savannahâ€™s 2011 general election: a good day for booze, school system, and term limits
- With Edna Jackson as clear frontrunner, the race is on for second spot in Savannah mayoral runoff
- What I’ll be thinking about when I vote on November 8th
- Will there be a concerted effort to defeat Sunday sales?
- Judge’s ruling an embarrassment for key Savannah city officials
- Clerk of Council ruling overturned, Ruel Joyner ruled eligible to run for Savannah City Council from 1st district
- Thoughts on the first poll in the Savannah mayoral race
- Strange bedfellows: Eric Johnson, one of Georgiaâ€™s leading Republicans, supports Democrat Edna Jackson for Savannah mayor
- Thoughts on the denial of Ruel Joynerâ€™s candidacy for Savannah City Council
- Should voters extend ESPLOST, the 1% sales tax for education infrastructure?
- Will Sunday sales pass in Savannah and other local municipalities?
- Should we abolish term limits for the Chatham County chairperson?