- Dogs who won’t walk by cats . . . December 21, 2013
- Reasons why you should “like” more pages on Facebook December 19, 2013
- Savannah Arts Academy grad’s acclaimed documentary about piano genius James Booker screening this week December 17, 2013
- Should Savannah expand the outdoor drinking zone? December 17, 2013
- Here’s my Peter O’Toole story December 15, 2013
- A new stadium for the Sand Gnats at Savannah River Landing? December 13, 2013
- Atlanta’s Beltline: here to stay, expanding, and looking pretty cool December 12, 2013
- New report has harsh words for Savannah police department and former chief December 12, 2013
July 11, 2013
Photos, links, and info about The Rolling Stones’ stop at a motor lodge in on Highway 17 in Savannah while on their spring 1965 southeast tour. The band played a gig at Georgia Southern in Statesboro (of all places) on May 4th, 1965, but they didn’t have any bookings in Savannah. They apparently spent a good part of the afternoon on May 5th hanging out by the motel pool, where numerous candid photos were taken.
ABOUT SAVANNAH UNPLUGGED
In my columns in the Savannah Morning News, I write about the local economy and culture. But those columns don't exist in a vacuum: I follow a wide variety of national news and experience Savannah much more deeply than I can possibly capture in three columns a week. So here on Savannah Unplugged, you'll find everything from nationwide economic trends to nightclub photos. I also contribute to the political blog Peach Pundit and the music blog hissing lawns.