Spoleto USA in Charleston now has its 2012 program live on its website. Or go here for a digital, downloadable brochure.
It’s a great lineup I think — probably a little more interesting to me than last year. (I only went up for one day last year; I caught Kneehigh Theatre’s The Red Shoes and Dean and Britta with 13 Most Beautiful: Songs for Andy Warhol’s Screen Tests.)
Among the highlights:
- the premiere of Kepler, a new opera by Philip Glass
- Cedar Lake Contemporary Ballet
- Noel Coward’s Hay Fever from the Gate Theatre in Dublin
- k.d. lang in one show at the Gaillard Auditorium
- the American premiere of the Chinese opera Feng Yi Ting composed by Guo Wenjing and directed by Atom Egoyan
- Mavis Staples
- Rebirth Brass Band
- Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater
- A Crack in Everything by the dance troupe Zoe|Juniper at the wonderful Memminger Auditorium
There’s obviously lots of other shows too, as always including classical music daily.
Spoleto goes from May 24th to June 10th. Tickets go on sale on Monday, January 2nd.
Here’s Cedar Lake Contemporary Ballet with clips from “Hubbub”:
Hubbub clip from Cedar Lake on Vimeo.