Update: The Savannah Music Festival’s 2013 season will be announced on November 14th. It’s likely that some other acts — perhaps pop or rock — will be added to the schedule after that date.
Update, Sept. 9, 2012: Bill T. Jones / Arnie Zane Dance Company will kick off 2013 Savannah Music Festival
I’ll make periodic updates to this post as we get closer to the 2013 Savannah Music Festival, which is scheduled for March 21 to April 6.
Here are links to various blog posts and columns about the 2012 SMF:
- The Savannah Music Festival: An artistic success and a public relations dream
- Review of the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra: Atlanta Symphony Orchestra under Miguel Harth-Bedoya shines on final day of 2012 Savannah Music Festival
- Review of Zakir Hussain’s Masters of Percussion: Zakir Hussain and his Masters of Percussion: an exhilarating SMF performance
- A preview: Tonight at the Savannah Music Festival: Zakir Hussain’s Masters of Percussion
- A summary of the first couple of weeks at SavannahNow: Man About Town: Savannah Music Festival means too many choices, too little time
- Savannah Music Festival review: Pink Martini
- A preview at SavannahNow: Man About Town: Pink Martini brings soundtrack for any mood to Savannah Music Festival
- A review: Lyle Lovett and John Hiatt: a masterful Savannah Music Festival performance — includes the 24-song set list
- A preview at SavannahNow: Man About Town: Lovett, Hiatt highlights of Savannah Music Festival’s first week
- Savannah Music Festival review: Bela Fleck & the (original) Flecktones
- New commercial for Savannah Music Festival features world class musicians Wynton Marsalis, Daniel Hope, David Finckel and Wu Han
Here’s that promotional video: